I am pleased to announce that I will be participating in a panel discussion at the Connecticut Bar Association’s annual meeting on June 17, 2013, entitled “Legal Challenges in Connecticut Collegiate Athletic Departments.” The panel will run from 9:30 to 11:30 am and is sponsored by the Connecticut Bar Association Sports and Entertainment Committee.
Here is a description of the program:
The Connecticut Bar Association Sports and Entertainment Committee will sponsor a panel discussion addressing the issues that face Connecticut athletic departments that engage in major collegiate athletics. In recent years, collegiate sports have created very high revenues for universities and athletic conferences. With the increase in revenue, universities and athletic conferences are faced with making decisions that result legal disputes.
- Douglas G. Lilly, Sports and Entertainment Law Section Chair, Attorney at Law, Wallingford
- Daniel B. Fitzgerald, Brody Wilkinson PC, Southport
- Paul V. Kelly, Jackson Lewis LLP, Boston, MA
- Lewis Kurlantzick, Zephaniah Swift Professor of Law, University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford
- Jonathan B. Orleans, Pullman and Comley LLC, Bridgeport
Andrew Zimbalist, Chair, Robert A. Woods Professor of Economics, Smith College, Northampton, MA