I have been deeply involved in sports as a player, coach and presently as an attorney at the law firm of Brody Wilkinson PC, in Southport, Connecticut. In my practice, I use my passion for sports to assist clients navigate the business and legal issues inherent in amateur, collegiate and professional athletics.
My sports law practice includes providing counsel to:
- Coaches concerning compliance, employment and other issues;
- Student athletes, both high school and collegiate, concerning eligibility, recruiting, NCAA rules and regulations as well as other matters;
- A Minor league sports team, serving as General Counsel;
- Athletes and sports teams concerning trademark matters; and
- Fitness clubs concerning contract and liability issues.
I often write about the drafting of coaching contracts and other legal issues affecting collegiate athletic departments. My articles have been featured in two of the leading publications on sports law, Legal Issues in Collegiate Athletics and Sports Litigation Alert. In addition, I am contributing editor of the publication Legal Issues in High School Athletics and an adjunct professor of Sports Law at Quinnipiac University School of Law.
Community and Association Memberships:
Chair, Connecticut Bar Association’s Sports & Entertainment Law Section (2006-10)
Sports Lawyers Association
- Fairfield Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors